Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Aug 22, 2013

, , ,

"Music to My Ears" Birthday Art Show by Super Cooper


musicmonkey4x6_front-01 (2)
Music to My Ears is a group show curated by, now teen, Super Cooper Berella. A yearly birthday celebration and art show, previously held at the Munky King retail store, is opening at Toy Art Gallery in LA on August 24th. Every year, Super Cooper manages to gather a great group of artists to create both 2D and 3D pieces of art, all around a unified theme. This years theme revolves around the influence of music to each artist, or his/her interpretation of the term "Music to My Ears". It's not uncommon for artists to post a picture on Instagram/twitter/vine/etc, while also commenting on the music he/she is listening too, zoning out to whatever genre seems to fit with the current mood.

From Super Cooper: 

“As an artist and curator myself, I love music because it helps me power my creative circle. In other words, it helps me think of ideas and controls my art. Music can soothe me through trance, or pump me up with dubstep. This can cause effect on my characters and ideas by giving me expression. The expression leads to many ideas that transfer into my art. I hope that this show, “Music to My Ears,” will take you through that same journey and through a trip of music wonderland.”


Print

Super Cooper is going to be 14 years old and in the past few years that I've known about him, his passion for art in general, never ceases to amaze me. While the young Super Cooper is an already accomplished curator, Super Cooper is also a budding artist and avid collector, with his collection being a finalist for 2013 Designer Toy Awards. If that wasn't enough, Super Cooper is also a philanthropist, with some proceeds for his curated shows typically getting donated to a charity or two. Proceeds this year will benefit CHAMPS and Book Bridge.


For anyone who can make it, the opening reception will happen at Toy Art Gallery on August 24th from 7-10PM. The show will run until September 10th and many local artists are sure to be in attendance. It'll be a great party, so arrive early and hang out with all of those in attendance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book