Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

May 13, 2014

, , , , , , ,

I'd quite like to give the Yoo-Doo creater a high five...

Hot of the heels of yesterdays total d**k awards is something you might not expect... instead this is something so special I almost want to hunt down the brains behind it and give them a high five. Now just to be clear I'm in no way saying this guy is doing good- he's a bit of a c**k to be honest- but when you're so arrogant as to start a toy business selling DIY's of a DIY so universally popular and recognizable as a Munny by Kidrobot you at least deserve a golf clap.


And with that I present to you the Yoo-Doo, a 4" White DIY Vinyl product with a name that resembles a mid 90's catchphrase more than the name of a DIY product for the masses. Now I'm not saying this company (which up until a few hours ago had no social presence and has a website that would look dated in 1993) is a tad iffy and perhaps a quick-buck scheme but.... well OK, I am saying that. 



Seriously what else can it be? A quick Google search for "DIY toy" shows you a Munny, if you're not familiar with the Kidrobot product this is bootlegged from. If this company was seriously looking to breaking into the toy scene you'd at least expect them to do some research... or am I being mental? At $7.99 it's a low priced product and if it was something new then they'd be onto something. As it stands there probably gonna be sued by Kidrobot's lawyers. 

**Update**


Ok so this got interesting fast, the folks over at Vinyl Planet Toys responded to the many post's stating the obvious. As you can read above this isn't some dude knocking out a copy of a more popular design, this guys buying and repackaging them from "some website". This is where it gets interesting, is it some factory/website in (insert sketchy country known for knockoffs) or are they in fact real Kidrobot Munny's ?. I'm guessing cheap knock offs seeing as Munny's are stamped on the feet, I could be wrong tho I hope I am I'd like this guy even more If he was that much of an arrogant c**k. 


- K

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book