Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Nov 27, 2013

, ,

Patrick Wong's Mr. Magic Mascot

Sometimes you see something that sould be production...Kidrobot wake up!


Mr. Magic is the third and final installment of my Spirit of '84 Kidrobot mascot series that began as an illustration. I find something interesting about the '80s and '90s with this original illustration taking up some of the aesthetics of the time period combined with the contemporary movement(s) in designer toys. The first one I made to help support my Threadless campaign, then the second for "Bits and Pieces" at Lift Designer Toys, and the last for a private collector.

What drew me to the Kidrobot Mascot as a platform was that few artists were taking up this figure for the custom pieces. Like the 6" Fatcap which few artists are working with - I have one planned for Jeff Beck's January show.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book