Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Aug 27, 2013

, , ,

Josh Mayhem's Music to My Ears custom PLAY ME RECORDS Dunny for TAG

This piece is great for several rerasons: 

#1 I love Josh Mayhem's custom work. 

#2 Play Me Records is one of my favorite labels. I'm not sure Josh even knows that. Helmed by Reid Speed, Play Me has introduced me to a shit ton of awesome DJs and producers who have changed the flavor of the music I listen to on a daily basis. You may see some of my updates on FB via Soundcloud- more often than not, I'm listening to a song posted by Play Me Records.

Here's what Josh has to say about this piece which he did for a show at TAG:

This piece represents two important passions of mine in a wonderful double entendre. I've DJ'd for a good 12 years, 8 of which as a regular in the Los Angeles Drum & Bass scene. Eventually my artistic direction changed as I started embracing the Designer Toy culture more and more into my life. Both passions involve an addiction to collecting vinyl (the base is of this being made out of actual vinyl records). Music is played, while toys are played with. Los Angeles also has a rich history of underground bass music. PLAY ME Records (who's logo is used in the piece) is run by friends of mine in L.A., and it has become a staple record label in American dance music culture, one of which many of my other friends have had their music signed to. And simultaneously L.A.'s Designer Toy culture is expanding tremendously with more and more designer toy stores and galleries emerging, as well as a growing awareness and acceptance of this unique art form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book