Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Mar 1, 2012

, , , ,

AW177 custom Mickey Mouse figure for PlayImaginative

Our good friend, local artist AW177, got one of the 6.5" Mickey platforms in the mail from PlayImaginative, and in true AW177 style, he used bold graphics and cultural iconography to create this "Dragon Ninja" custom.



Allen writes:
I have a bit of news - I was asked by Play Imaginative to custom one of their 6.5" Mickey Mouse vinyl art figures.  This piece will be displayed at shows by Disney/Play Imaginative and will be up on their website.

To celebrate the year of the dragon 2012, I made Mickey into a "Dragon Ninja", complete with equipment belt, shurikens, pouches for gear, striking/climbing knives, dragon claws on feet and hands, and nunchucks! You can place the nunchucks into the back for storage.  Dragon symbol on the upper ear, black outlines to give it a more animated/cartoon feel.  This is my real first time sculpting, but I'm happy with the results.

This custom is based on one of the designs I submitted to Play Imaginative/Disney for possible production, so if you like to see it made, please let them know!

Pictures are up on my Flickr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book