Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Jan 7, 2015

, , , , , ,

Lego Indiana Jones Minifigures (a partial review)

I don't think I've ever met anyone who disliked the Indiana Jones movies (the fourth one didn't happen, and Shia Lebouf is a toolbag). They were the reason that a great many people my age went into the field of archeology. Of all the movies in the series, my absolute favorite was The Last Crusade. The story, cinematography, humor, and action are damn near flawless.

When a slew of Lego sets based on the adventures of Indy came out, I was not yet back into collecting Lego like I am now. But my favorite scene for a long time out of Crusade had been the motorcycle chase and eventual impromptu jousting moment between the Jones duo and a German soldier, both on motorbikes. So when I came across this at TRU back in 2008, I picked it up.

The likeness done for Sean Connery is one of the best I've seen on a minifigure, down to the details on the glasses. Harrison Ford's sardonic smirk and 5 o'clock shadow are also well represented. (Inset) A small map to the Holy Grail is also included.
I get a kick out of when the minifigure graphics are as well designed as the ones shown above. Nice touches on Dr. Jones's outfit include the polka dots on his bow tie (though not movie accurate), and his Grail journal that Indy was not supposed to have brought to Germany, to the shirt wrinkles and belts on Indy.


There are a couple of things that are  off from the icon scene (a still from it is shown inset), including the fact that Indy still is wearing a tie, his satchel is olive green, there is a headlight on the front of the bike, and a spare tire was on the rear of the sidecar, as well as Dr. Jones having a trilby with it's brim all the way down for his headwear (the Lego part looks like a British Empire pith helmet to me) , and his tie in the movie was actually much darker.
Considering that this motorbike uses almost all pre-existing parts for it's construction, Lego did a respectable job with the end result. It's easy to put together and holds up very well.

There are places on the back for a whip and a satchel.

Regardless of some of the inaccuracies, the motorbike set up looks nice.
I plan on updating this later with the rest of the set as soon as I locate it, but I did want to at least get this little favorite of mine showcased on here.

Thanks for reading, I have many more reviews coming now that I've started opening and photographing a larger portion of my collections. - Mario, the Rogue Hobbyist.
 
Stats Rating/Information
Item Indiana Jones and Henry Jones Sr. (part of Set #7620 Motorcycle Chase)
Made by Lego
Rarity Very Uncommon - no longer sold in retail
Classification Modern - Released in 2008
Condition Very Good
Procured ToysRUs, KCMO
Worth around $50 as of Dec 2014 if in a sealed box
Investment $14
Further Research www.lego.com
Trivia & Fun Facts When casting for the role of Henry Jones Sr., Sean Connery was cast because Steven Spielberg and George Lucas considered that the only man who could play Indy's father, was James Bond.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book