Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Nov 12, 2012

,

The Original AJ's Toy Boarders


I just have to say that when I was young I loved skateboarding. These were the days of NASH boards and building plywood ramps and listening to seventies punk that I did not really understand, but was loud and fast. I also loved playing with army men, those little green soldiers with the blobby bases. We used to tie black cats to them and blow them up and throw them of bridges with make shift parachutes.

There is absolutely no way I would do any of that with these though. They are just to cool to be destroyed. That being said, opening these packs of little green skateboarders is like nostalgia only designed a lot better than I could imagine. My only concern with these when I pulled them all out was that with the wheels on the bottom of each figure, they would not stand up on their own. Those concerns were quickly squashed as I started setting these up all over my desk. Each one stands on its own. 



Currently there are two different series of these, each with eight different poses such as ollie, cruising and 50/50. They are available on the Toy Boarders website for $5 for a pack of 24 figures. In addition, they ar working on a BMX, Surf and Snow series for the future. You can also follow them on facebook to get all the latest on the toys. These are definitely one of the most original twists on a childhood favorite. Now I just need to build a miniature skate park to play with these in.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book