Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Aug 20, 2012

, , , ,

G.I. JONEZ custom by Josh Mayhem for Munky King show

Josh Mayhem made this custom for the "Memories Are Made of These" show (this past Saturday @Munky King).

Josh Mayhem:
Since the theme for this show is based on childhood memories the
first, and obvious thing that popped into my head was to create a
piece paying homage to my favorite toy growing up - G.I. Joes. In fact
I cherished my G.I. Joes so much that I still have about 200 of them
on display right along side my designer toys. It is from this
collection that you'll find weapons and accessories adorned on nearly
every custom toy I do. G.I. Jonez is decorated with 100% G.I. Joe
weapons and accessories from both the 1/16th and 4 inch versions. I
really enjoyed creating this piece because my action figures have
always been a huge inspiration for my custom toy art. I can think of
no better way of showing my respect to the art of both action figures
and designer toys by combining a Munny, one of the most popular
platform toys, and G.I. Joes, one of the most popular action figures.

Josh is open for commissions and you can contact him through his Facebook. Awesome work Josh!


Follow Josh Mayhem here:
Facebook
Site
  - Don P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book