Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Aug 20, 2011

, , ,

SouthernDrawl JAWS vs PAW custom

Talented and humble customizer SouthernDrawl shares with us this ridiculous custom based on the Coarse Toys PAW figure, easily one of my favorite sculpts! SD does it up right, with weathering, rivets and detailed sculpting which makes other customizers drool... and that's the highest compliment possible! Here's what SD had to say about this piece:

This piece was a commission. I love the dynamic movement of the PAW figure but I was never really sold on the bunny head so I did the only thing a customizer could do, i decapitated it. And it sat headless for a while until I realized that I could reuse the head. and who better to kill a bunny than an apex predator? And so I bulked up the figure even further to accentuate the leg and back musculature. and I added joints- elbow joints, wrist joint, etc. I tried to continue the flow of the figure by adding a curved tail which also helps as a counterweight to the head. With regard to my painting technique, the short answer is sponge painting (I"m giving away the my secret jutsu there LOL). My favorite thing about this piece is that it's inspiring me to do more original sculpting even if it's still customizing on a platform.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book