Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Apr 6, 2012

, , ,

Carson Catlin fungusamongus for Playsam 500 show at Super7

Carson Catlin writes:
 Here is my contribution to the Playsam 500 show at Super7Store in San Francisco on April 28th.
This is the first time I have ever worked with wood, and boy was it fun. I started by sketching out the design and then slowly drilled away with a Dremmel. My goal was to achieve something similar to my cuts pieces but came away with a mushroom looking thingy. That's why its called fungusamongus. I painted the wheels with light green acrylic and finished them with a high gloss lacquer. The body was stained twice and then sanded down to reveal the unstained wood. To finish it and give a it warm gloss I waxed the car a bunch, like for at least three hours.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book