Top Ad 728x90

Court of the Dead

Apr 3, 2012

, , ,

mfc custom by Carson Catlin- a tribute to his father- to be auctioned

From Carson Catlin:
My father, Melvin, was diagnosed with Stage Lung 3 cancer in late August of 2011. He was given a regimen of Chemo and radiation. A few long months later, he was told he was in remission. Unfortunately, our joy was short lived as he developed a gnarly case of Pneumonia. After months of failed treatments, he couldn't go anymore and had to be admitted to the hospital.
I got to go home and spend a solid week with my father - for that I am very grateful. The day I got back home to Kansas City, I spoke to my father and his spirits were high. He told me he would be getting out that week which put me at ease. The next morning my mother called me to let me know that my father had a convulsion in the middle of the night and was now on a ventilator. It was discovered then, that he had 3 brain tumors. He left us a week later from septicemia.

mfc - his initials - is a 7" munny created to symbolize my fathers cancer that eventually took his life.
The right lung is visible (location of the initial tumor) and so are the three circles on the back of the head (tumors in his brain). Everything radiates from the tumors representing the septicemia. He is colored with a southwest blend of colors as my father was fond of them.


"mfc" will be auctioned off at the "Shave to Save Art Auction"
The event will take place in the VML Gallery on the third floor of 2020 (aka third-floor kitchenette) with an art preview between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. and silent auction between 6:30 and 7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public, and complimentary snacks and adult beverages will be served.

VML Gallery
2020 Baltimore
Kansas City, MO 64108


The right lung is visible (location of the initial tumor)

the three circles on the back of the head are the locations of tumors in his brain

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Benny will approve within 24 hours.

BB-8 Star Wars Premium Format(TM) Figure
Court of the Dead The Chronicle of the Underworld Court of the Dead Book